“The stage manager is basically just the cast’s bitch. That’s all they are good for.”
I’m not even sure how I am supposed to respond to that.
YOU can do all of the paperwork that I have been doing since Christmas (for a show that doesn’t open until late April). You can show up an hour early to every rehearsal and be the last one out the door every night. (That’s five hours a night, five days a week, for the next 2 1/2 months by the way.) You can spend every waking hour in the playhouse for two weeks during tech/show week. You can deal with the divas, designers, and general onslaught of garbage when things go wrong (and they will). You can try to balance 22 class hours, a job, 2 shows, and attempt to maybe see your friends every once and a while.
I LOVE stage management regardless of all of those things…but they do make my job difficult. Please do not try to belittle me or the work that I do. And if you do feel the need to be “cool” and say stupid stuff like that…at least have the common sense to NOT say it right in front of me.
I hate when people assume we’re the show’s bitch when we’re doing more for the show than basically everyone else..
Stage managers, I stand behind you.
You have my wrench!
- rage-of-the-inferno reblogged this from clarity-in-insanity
- clarity-in-insanity reblogged this from betterthanapunchtotheface
- stuckwithinadream likes this
- willy-trombone likes this
- dubtechmeister reblogged this from backstageleft and added:
- backstageleft reblogged this from betterthanapunchtotheface and added:
- rockieraccoon13 reblogged this from bewarethetheatrenerd
- betterthanapunchtotheface reblogged this from bewarethetheatrenerd and added:
- betterthanapunchtotheface likes this
- fairyandasandwhich reblogged this from bewarethetheatrenerd and added:
- cameronclarke reblogged this from bewarethetheatrenerd and added:
- bewarethetheatrenerd reblogged this from ninjasquirrelss and added:
- ninjasquirrelss posted this